Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I am 2 years old!!

Today was my second birthday! It's been so long since my first birthday, I don't even remember it! But I know it did happen, because there are pictures (and here).

Actually, I've enjoyed bits of my birthday for over two weeks now. First, mamma and I went to visit nonna and grandpa in New York. I was excited because I got my own seat on the airplane, next to the window!



In New York, nonna and grandpa sang happy birthday to me and I got a birthday cake with candles!
Also, I got presents from them and from mamma's friends.



Since we've come back to Durham, I have received a birthday package every few days! Opa and oma sent great ice skates, which pappa and I will try out this weekend, plus a new Nijntje book. Tante Hilda and oom Bruno sent a photo puzzle. It's my first jig saw puzzle, and I love taking it apart and putting it together with pappa's help.

From tante Rosie and uncle Joe I got a beautiful pop-up picture book, plus three fun animals that tante Rosie made herself: a sea star, a big fish, and an octopus. Finally, this morning I got a bucket of legos from nonna and grandpa. Now I can build big towers any time I want!

Finally, at school today we had a special snack for my birthday — frozen yoghurt & fruit pops — and pappa and mamma came to sing happy birthday to me in English and Dutch. I think mamma liked my special birthday hat more than I did!






Finally, it's mine!


2 comments:

  1. Dear Thomas, Happy Birthday you certainly had a great time celebrating your 2nd birthday. Sorry to see your booboo. Glad it got better quickly! I bet that happened because Mamma and Poppa both kissed it better lots and lots! Geraldine fell down also and had a big booboo. She dislocated her elbow and had to get a cast on it. Her booboo is nearly better. All our love to you and Momma and Pappa from Melissa and Geraldine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must be a Murphy thing... what hasn't show up in the blog is that I broke my foot back in January and was in a big air cast for 7 weeks. And my dad just fractured his elbow. What a mess we are!!! Hope Geraldine feels better!

      Delete