Sunday, January 19, 2014

Touring Elkhorn Slough

One morning while we were in California, I went with pappa and mamma, tante Rosie and nonna on a boat tour. We went all the way up the Elkhorn Slough, which looked like a river to me. It was a little chilly, but I sat on pappa's lap the whole way and we had a blanket to keep us warm. It was very cozy!


We saw lots of animals, beginning with a lot of sea lions right where we started.




I liked the sea otters the most. Many of them had seagulls floating nearby hoping to steal their breakfast. That was not nice!



Sometimes the sea otters were a little far away. Fortunately the boat captain had binoculars we could use. It was my first time using binoculars. They are not easy to hold still.


We also saw a lot of different kinds of birds. Tante Rosie knew almost all of them; she is smart!


It was a great outing; thanks to uncle Joe who stayed at home with Roosje to make it possible!


No comments:

Post a Comment