Wednesday, September 24, 2014

(July 2) Matera

In the afternoon we arrived at our new hotel in Matera. Our room was carved out of the rock, like a cave! There were special flip flops for me to wear, and I enjoyed dancing around in them, wearing my Cinderella dress.
— Thomas

I enjoyed our room a lot too, as I could cruise around along the edge of the beds.
— Rose

All of Matera is partially carved out of the hillside, as it is build in a ravine. This gives the town a very special look. It also means we are doing a lot of climbing up and down stairs!




Fortunately, I don't have to do any of the climbing myself. That's what mamma and pappa are for!
— Rose


In the evening we went to see a very big parade. We waited for about an hour for a special float that carried a church sculpture, which was the reason for the parade. I was a little disappointed with it when it finally arrived; I was ready to sleep!
— Thomas


However, all the roads had coloured lights on the sides and frequently overhead. These were great!



No comments:

Post a Comment