On Saturday we had my birthday party, at the Science Museum. All my school friends came, and Maks came down from Williamsburg. Mamma had made great animal cupcakes the day before.
She made lions, and monkeys, and tigers, and zebras! I liked the monkeys the best, because they were chocolate!
(here you can see the zebras too)
I got lots of presents from all my friends. We opened one up at the party, but for the others we waited until we got home.
Mamma had also put together presents for my friends to bring home: stickers, tattoos, and finger puppets.
Because we had my party at the museum, a man from the museum brought animals for us to learn about and touch. The first one was a chinchilla. It looked like a very big mouse and was super-soft.
Next came a real dragon! It was called a bearded dragon, and it was a little bit scary but it was small and did not bite. Its skin was much rougher than the chinchilla's.
The final animal we touched was a snake. It was big and quite scary. I tried to stand as far away from it as possible and still touch it. It was smooth but not soft.
It was very exciting to see all these animals up close, and my friends all liked it too. When the animals were gone again, we washed our hands and ate cupcakes! First everyone sang Happy Birthday to me and I got to blow out the candle on my cupcake.
My cupcake was delicious!
After the cupcake, we played some games, with the toys of the Science Museum, and also some games we had brought. Tante Rosie had made a "pin the trunk on the elephant" game. My trunk was pretty close!
Later, Maks, and Molly and I had another cupcake!
It was a great party!
— Thomas
(afterword from Rose)
Even though it was Thomas' party, I had a lot of fun too! I enjoyed watching Thomas and all his friends touch all the animals, and I even got to touch them myself! I thought the snake was a little scary too, just like Thomas.





















No comments:
Post a Comment