Thursday, June 19, 2014

(May 30) Venice: bell tower & gondola

This weekend we are in Venice. Today we went to Venice by train, and then we walked around for a while until our hotel room was ready. Venice is a strange city: instead of cars, there are boats, and instead of streets there are canals. I like that there are lots of bridges, with lots of steps! And I like going on the boats!

Before dinner, we met pappa's students and we all took the elevator up to the top of the big tower in the main square (the Campanile of San Marco). From the top, we could see all around Venice. It was great!



After that, we all went in different gondolas and took a trip through the canals! We saw some of the other gondolas with pappa's students in them along the way, and we saw lots of old buildings with front doors on the water, and mooring docks instead of parking places.


Rose really enjoyed the gondola ride too!





I think gondolas are my favourite thing in Italy so far! After the gondola ride was over, it began to rain, so we bought food at a supermarket and we had a fun picnic dinner in our hotel room. I like Venice!

No comments:

Post a Comment